Connect with us

News

BREAKING: Pope Benedict XVI Dies

Published

on

BREAKING: Pope Benedict XVI Dies

Former Pope Benedict XVI has died.

News ToGo learned that the former Pope died at his Vatican residence at the age of 95 years. His demise came almost a decade after he resigned from the papal seat because of ailing health.

He led the Catholic Church for less than eight years until, in 2013, he became the first Pope to resign since Gregory XII in 1415.

Benedict spent his final years at the Mater Ecclesiae monastery within the walls of the Vatican.

His successor, Pope Francis, said he had visited him there frequently.

Although the former Pontiff had been ill for some time, the Holy See said there had been an aggravation in his condition because of advancing age.

On Wednesday, Pope Francis appealed to his final audience of the year at the Vatican to “pray a special prayer for Pope Emeritus Benedict”, whom he said was very ill.

Born Joseph Ratzinger in Germany, Benedict was 78 when in 2005 he became one of the oldest Popes ever elected.

Catholics and other people around the world have been reacting to the report of former Pope Benedict’s death.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

BREAKING: London To Lagos Solo Driver Lands In Nigeria

Published

on

BREAKING: London To Lagos Solo Drivers Lands In Nigeria

A 28-year-old travel content creator, Pelumi Nubi, who embarked on a solo road trip from London, has completed her remarkable journey by arriving in Lagos.

News ToGo reports that the representatives of the Lagos State Government, including Commissioner of Tourism, Arts, and Culture, Mrs. Toke Benson-Awoyinka, and the Special Adviser, Tourism, Arts, and Culture, Idris Aregbe warmly welcomed her at the Nigeria-Benin Republic border

Nubi began her adventurous journey on January 31, overcoming numerous challenges along the way.

In March, she encountered a crash, with a video showing significant damage to the front of her vehicle and a shattered windshield.

Starting her expedition from England, Nubi traversed through France, Spain, Morocco, the West Sahara Desert, Mauritania, Senegal, The Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Mali, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Ghana, Togo, Benin, before finally arriving in Lagos.

As a seasoned travel content creator who had previously visited 77 countries by the age of 27 and now surpassing 80 out of the world’s 193 countries, Nubi aimed to demonstrate that “impossible” is merely a word. She emphasized that with determination and grit, one can overcome any obstacle.

Gboyega Akosile, Special Adviser, Media and Publicity to the Lagos Governor, expressed the state’s excitement, tweeting: “Lagos State Government gives a hero’s welcome to @peluminubi_, a Nigeria-British citizen who did a solo drive from London to Lagos.”

“Pelumi was received at the Nigeria-Benin Republic border on behalf of Lagos State Government by the Hon Commissioner of Tourism, Arts, and Culture, Mrs. Toke Benson-Awoyinka and the Special Adviser, Tourism, Arts, and Culture @IdrisConnecting. Welcome home!”

Continue Reading

News

Tinubu Tells Governors To Spend The Money Amid Rising Prices

Published

on

6 Major Decisions Tinubu Made During Meeting With Governors (FULL LIST)

President Bola Tinubu emphasized the importance of prioritizing the welfare of citizens during an emergency meeting with governors today, Thursday, February 15, in Abuja.

News ToGo reports that speaking on the issue of salary arrears and gratuities for retired workers, Tinubu urged governors to clear these payments promptly, emphasizing, “spend the money, don’t spend the people.”

This directive underscores the need to prioritize the financial well-being of citizens by ensuring timely disbursement of funds owed to workers and retirees. Tinubu’s plea reflects the government’s commitment to alleviating financial burdens on the populace amidst increased monthly FAAC revenue to states.

Continue Reading

News

AFCON: Yul Edochie Breaks Silence Amid Backlash Against Him Over Fake Prophecy

Published

on

AFCON: Yul Edochie Breaks Silence Amid Backlash Against Him Over Fake Prophecy

Yul Edochie, the Nollywood actor turned pastor, has responded to the criticism surrounding his erroneous prophecy about the AFCON 2023 final.

News ToGo reports that before the match on Sunday, Yul had predicted on his Instagram page that the Nigeria Super Eagles would emerge victorious over Ivory Coast in the final. He stated, “Today’s game will not get a penalty shootout. Nigeria will comfortably defeat the Ivory Coast.”

However, the Super Eagles suffered a 2-1 defeat to Ivory Coast, leading to disappointment among Nigerians on social media who labeled Yul’s prophecy as fake.

In response to the backlash, Yul posted on his page, saying, “It is well. Thank you Super Eagles. Getting to the finals is as good as winning. We are proud of you all. Great performance in the tournament. Win or lose, good or bad, we’ve been here. I love my country Nigeria. Better days ahead. Giant of Africa.”

Continue Reading

Trending