Connect with us

Metro

Dangote Moves To Take Action After Bello’s Govt Officials Shot Staff, Forcefully Took Obajana Cement Factory

Published

on

Dangote Moves To Take Action After Bello's Govt Officials Shot Staff, Forcefully Took Obajana Cement Factory

Dangote has moved to take action after Bello’s Govt officials reportedly shot staff and forcefully took Obajana Cement factory.

News ToGo reports that the issue of who truly owns the factory has been a major source of face-off between the Kogi State Government led by Governor Yahaya Bello and the Dangote Group. Amid the clash, the two warring factions have been making claims and counter-claims.

However, an end seems not to be in sight soon. But a report by Daily Trust has revealed that the management of Dangote Group has concluded plans to approach the court this week over the legality of the Kogi state’s vigilante members who reportedly stormed the Obajana cement factory, where many of the company’s staff were allegedly wounded and the facility shut.

It would be recalled that the Kogi State Government had last week shut down the Obajana factory of Dangote Cement over allegations of tax evasion and unresolved ownership. It had last Thursday, presented to the public, the report of the Specialised Technical Committee on the Evaluation of the Legality of the Alleged Acquisition of Obajana Cement Company Plc by Dangote Cement Company Limited.

The detailed report, submitted to Governor Yahaya Bello, was presented to the public by the Secretary to the State Government, Dr. (Mrs) Folashade Ayoade.

Citing documents, she revealed that the purported transfer of Obajana to Dangote Industries Limited was “invalid, null and void”. Ayoade disclosed in the report that three Certificates of Occupancy for Obajana Cement Company Plc, which the Kogi State government solely owned at the time, were used to obtain a loan of N63billion by Dangote.

She disclosed that the committee, in view of its findings, has therefore recommended that Kogi State should take steps to recover the Obajana Cement Company from the Dangote Group. The committee, chaired by the SSG, also recommended that the “Kogi State government should take steps to recover all accrued dividends from profits made over the years, including accrued interest on the same.

“Kogi State government should take steps to cancel the existing seven Certificates of Occupancy in the name of Dangote Cement Company.”

Stressing the aberration in the arrangement, the SSG said, “Agreement between Kogi State Government of Nigeria and Dangote Industries Limited, dated 30th July 2002 and supplemental agreement dated 14th February 2003, as contained in Exhibit 71 of the Judicial Commission of Inquiry Report, purporting the transfer of Obajana Cement Company Plc to Dangote Industries Limited, are all invalid, null and void.

“There is no evidence of consideration paid by Dangote Industries Limited to the Kogi State government from the alleged transfer of Obajana Cement Company Plc and no dividend was paid to the state from the profits realised from the inception of Dangote Cement Company Plc to date.

“By the assignment of the three Certificates of Occupancy, the title in Obajana Cement Company Plc, still vests in Kogi State government as the sole owner. The three documents were used to obtain a loan of sixty-three billion naira only (63,000,000,000.00) to finance the construction of the cement plant in Obajana.”

In his remarks, Governor Yahaya Bello said that he had taken the bold step, in line with his mandate to safeguard the lives and livelihood of the people of Kogi State, including residents and to ensure their wellbeing.

Bello said this was also coming on the heels of protests by the people of the state who felt they had been suppressed and marginalised by the Dangote Group who had come to rip them off.

Speaking on this issue in its reaction, the management of Dangote Cement Plc in a swift reaction to the actions of the Kogi State government debunked the claims. Group Managing Director, Dangote Cement Plc, Michel Puchercos said: “We reiterate that the Obajana Cement plant is 100% owned by Dangote Cement PLC.”

He said: “Vigilantes, led by some officials of the state government were apparently acting on a resolution of the Kogi state House of Assembly on controversial tax claims; claims that the state governor had also contradicted when he said the shutdown was due to an alleged invalid acquisition of the company by Dangote Industries Limited.

In forcefully evicting the workers to enforce the shutdown, the vigilantes shot 27 of our workers and destroyed some of the company’s property at the plant.”

Metro

JUST IN: TB Joshua’s Emmanuel TV Channel Removed

Published

on

JUST IN: TB Joshua's Emmanuel TV Channel Removed

YouTube has removed the primary channel associated with the late founder of the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN), Prophet TB Joshua—Emmanuel TV.

News ToGo reports that the channel, which broadcasts the religious activities of the church, was taken down following allegations against the late preacher. This action comes after the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) aired controversial documentary reports about allegations of torture and rape linked to TB Joshua.

The termination of Emmanuel TV’s channel on YouTube is a response to the platform’s policies against hate speech, cyberbullying, and harassment, particularly targeting survivors of sexual violence. The move follows openDemocracy’s report on more than 50 abusive videos amplifying attacks against Joshua’s accusers.

The documentary by BBC World Service, in collaboration with openDemocracy, featured whistleblowers who made on-the-record allegations of sexual and psychological torture, financial fraud, and criminal negligence by Joshua. In a disturbing backlash, YouTube accounts promoting SCOAN shared archival video footage depicting experiences of these abuse survivors, leading to the termination of Emmanuel TV’s channel.

Continue Reading

Metro

Wife Runs For Her Life After Discovering Her Husband Plans To Use Her For Ritual (VIDEO)

Published

on

Wife Runs For Her Life After Discovering Her Husband Plans To Use Her For Ritual (VIDEO)

A Nigerian woman has detailed the reasons behind her decision to end her marriage shortly before their third wedding anniversary.

News ToGo gathered that in a TikTok video, she revealed that she severed ties with her husband to save her life after uncovering his involvement in alleged ritualistic activities. She also disclosed that her husband was intending to use her for money rituals.

The woman, who smashed a mug she had crafted for their anniversary in the video, claimed that their daughter was substituted in her stead for the purported money ritual.

Continue Reading

Metro

Moment Lagos Govt Officials Stormed Market, Ignored Pleading Women and Seized Their Goods (Video)

Published

on

Moment Lagos Govt Officials Stormed Market, Ignored Pleading Women and Seized Their Goods (Video)

On Friday, January 5, the Lagos state government carried out the confiscation of goods displayed by traders along the highway.

News ToGo reports that a video circulated online captured the traders pleading for leniency as their merchandise was being seized.

Sharing the video on social media, the state Commissioner of Environment and Water Resources, Tokunbo Wahab, emphasized the need for enforcement without sentiment. He highlighted previous warnings to traders against displaying or selling items on walkways, setbacks, or main roads, as such practices deface the city and pose safety concerns for the public.

Wahab stated, ”We cannot be emotional about enforcement. We have severally warned that traders should desist from displaying or selling things on the walkway, setbacks, or main road. It defaces the city and majorly for people’s safety.

Early Friday, Special operatives of KAI/LAGESC again dislodged street traders operating on Agege Motor road, Old Secretariat GRA Ikeja, Awolowo way, Alausa Secretariat, Agidingbi Jakande road inward LTV 8, Ojodu Berger, Fagba road.”

Watch the video below:

Continue Reading

Trending