Connect with us

Politics

El-Rufai Confirms Plot By Bandits To Kidnap Buhari, Reveals The Action He Took

Published

on

El-Rufai Confirms Plot By Bandits To Kidnap Buhari, Reveals The Action He Took

El-Rufai has confirmed plot by armed bandits to kidnap Buhari, reveals the action he took.

News ToGo learnt that the Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, said President Muhammad Buhari was not aware of bandits’ threat to capture him.

It would be recalled that the terrorists on Sunday July 24, 2022, after they had flogged the remaining 43 Abuja-Kaduna train victims in the forest, vowed in a trending video to capture Buhari and El-rufai.

However, Governor El-rufai, while speaking on a Radio Programme, on Wednesday night, said he had been warned to be careful.

“I also heard about a video where they threatened to abduct Buhari and myself. I have been warned to be careful, including my families too,” he said.

According to him, for the past five years, he had been advocating for the bombing of terrorists’ camps wherever they were, adding that it was the only solution to the problem.

El-rufai said, “This is why I met with the president on Sunday and told him about these problems. I also told him about the video because up to that day, he was not even aware. I told him and the following day, Zamfara State governor, Bello Matawalle also confirmed to him that he saw the video too, so as to take action.”

According to him, the President assured him that he met with the service chiefs 3-4 days before the meeting and that he gave them a clear directive to have a comprehensive military operation to deal with those people.

He added that “we hope, God willing, the soldiers and the police that were given the directives will hasten up to finish the job. We don’t have to wait until they (terrorists) strike before we respond.

“They (soldiers) must go after them wherever they are to deal with them. The truth is we are worried about the security situation, but we hope the federal government will do the right thing.”

Politics

Confusion In Edo As Two Contenders Emerge APC Guber Candidates

Published

on

Confusion In Edo As Two Contenders Emerge APC Guber Candidates

Controversy brewed yesterday as two governorship candidates emerged winners of the All Progressives Congress (APC) ticket from parallel primaries conducted ahead of the September 21 governorship election in the state.

News ToGo reports that a member of the House of Representatives, Dennis Idahosa, was initially declared the winner by the chairman of the APC Primary Election Committee, Governor Hope Uzodimma, at Protea Hotel. However, at the residence of Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, Senator Monday Okpephole was announced as the winner by the Returning Officer for the election, Dr. Stanley Ugboaje.

In one of the primaries supervised by Uzodimma, Idahosa secured victory with 40,453 votes. Conversely, Okpepholo emerged triumphant in the parallel primary overseen by Dr. Ugboaje, garnering 12,145 votes.

Announcing the results, Uzodimma affirmed the peaceful conduct of the exercise across the state’s 18 local government areas and 192 wards. He declared, “Dennis Idahosa, having scored the highest votes cast, is hereby declared winner of the primary and returned as the candidate of the party.”

In the second primary, Dr. Stanley Ugboaje announced Okpepholo as the winner with 12,145 votes, while Idahosa secured 5,536 votes to emerge second.

Prior to the conclusion of the declaration at Lushville Hotel and Suite, suspected thugs disrupted the process, compelling the officials to relocate to Pastor Ize-Iyamu’s residence. Journalists covering the event were assaulted, and their equipment damaged. Despite the presence of the State Commissioner of Police, Funsho Adeboye, the disruption persisted.

Meanwhile, the APC has urged the public to disregard any unauthorized announcement of the primary election result. National Publicity Secretary of the party, Felix Morka, emphasized that only the Governor Hope Uzodinma-led Edo State APC Governorship Primary Election Committee is authorized to undertake the final collation and announcement of results.

Continue Reading

Politics

LP Crisis: Peter Obi Speaks After Abure Was Implicated In N3.5B Saga, Reveals Next Action

Published

on

Peter May To Dump Labour Party As Fresh Twist Emerges

Labour Party’s presidential candidate for the 2023 general elections, Peter Obi, announced the engagement of an external auditor to scrutinize the party’s finances.

News ToGo reports that this follows allegations of misappropriation made by Oluchi Opara, the party’s national treasurer, who accused Julius Abure, the national chairman, of mishandling N3.5 billion. Responding to these accusations, the party suspended Opara, citing external influences seeking to harm the LP. Abure pledged legal action against Opara for defamation.

Addressing the issue in a press conference on Thursday, Obi stated, “We will account for everything now that we have an independent person who will tell us which way forward.” Accompanied by Aisha Yesufu, a member of his 2023 campaign team, Obi clarified, “I’m not involved in the party’s management and the campaign accounts.”

He assured transparency in handling funds received during the election and called on the public to provide any information on fund disbursement. Obi emphasized the importance of accountability in the party’s financial affairs moving forward.

Continue Reading

Politics

KARMA: Alleged APC’s Memo Asking Police To Grab, Silence 16 Politicians In Kano Leaks (FULL LIST)

Published

on

KARMA: Alleged APC's Memo Asking Police To Grab, Silence 16 Politicians In Kano Leaks (FULL LIST)

A leaked memo from the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kano State has surfaced, revealing the party’s attempt to engage the Nigeria Police Force to apprehend and silence 16 prominent individuals in the state allegedly for inciting the public against the party through social media posts.

News ToGo learned that the letter, dated January 5, 2024, and signed by the State Secretary of the APC, Ibrahim Zakari, urged the Nigerian Police Force to arrest the identified individuals and institute legal proceedings against them based on directives provided by the party.

In the memo, the APC expressed confidence in the victory of its gubernatorial candidate, Dr. Nasiru Yusuf Gawuna, in the state’s gubernatorial election held in March 2023. Consequently, the party authorized the Nigeria Police Force to treat the letter as official instructions.

The letter states: “On behalf of the Kano State APC Chairman, we request that the individuals listed in the table below be traced and arrested immediately after the Supreme Court’s verdict on Friday, January, 12″ 2024, which will declare Dr. Nasiru Yusuf Gawuna as winner.

“We also request that your department should as a matter of urgency, file charges and accuse them of using the social media in uttering unguarded statements capable of promoting violence and inciting people against the APC government. We have enough record of such posts. The name of the court you should convey their cases will be sent to you in due time. Please let us know what it will take.”

The list of individuals to be apprehended includes:

  1. Salisu Yahaya Hotoro
  2. Aliyu Dahiru Aliyu
  3. Kabiru Sa’idu Dakata
  4. Sunusi Bature Dawakin Tofa
  5. Nasiru Zango
  6. Sufyan Safjamil Kabo
  7. Hajiya A’in Jafaru Darmanawa
  8. Alhajiji Nagoda Hon, Ibrahim Zakari
  9. Ibrahim Zakari Zawaciki
  10. Sani Musa Danja
  11. Hon. Auwalu Lawan Aranposu
  12. Sunusi Osca
  13. Kwankwason Dakata
  14. Ishak Abdul
  15. Aminu Abdullahi Kima
  16. Habu Tabule

The party reportedly promised to send the home and office addresses of the listed persons alongside another list.

The Supreme Court recently overturned the judgments of the election tribunal and Court of Appeal, affirming Governor Kabir Yusuf as the duly elected governor of Kano State. Gawuna, who had initially won at the tribunal and the Appeal Court contested Governor Yusuf’s victory over alleged malpractices.

Gawuna, in response to the Supreme Court’s verdict, expressed acceptance, stating, “The Supreme Court judgment is God’s decision, saying he had accepted it in good faith.”

Continue Reading

Trending