Connect with us

Sports

EPL: Another English Club Snubs Ronaldo After Man Utd Sacked Him

Published

on

EPL: Another English Club Snubs Ronaldo After Man Utd Sacked Him

EPL: Another English Club have snubbed Cristiano Ronaldo after Manchester United terminated his contract.

News ToGo reports that Ronaldo’s stay at Manchester United ended yesterday after he and the club terminated the contract amid controversy.

However, a Former Manchester City defender, Vincent Kompany has said he only wants “players who can run” in his Burnley squad. Kompany stated this in reaction to Ronaldo becoming a free agent on Tuesday.

Kompany, who is now the head coach of Burnley in the English Championship side Burnley, maintained that everyone else lost except Red Devils boss, Erik ten Hag.

He said: “I think in the end everyone loses except for perhaps the Manchester United manager.

“I think it’s a problem that’s resolved and they will move on from this I’m sure.”

With speculations now rife over Ronaldo’s destination, Kompany has made it clear they won’t make a move for the 37-year-old. “We need players who can run,” he simply replied when asked.

Manchester United terminated Ronaldo’s contract following his controversial interview with Piers Morgan last week. The superstar has been linked with other top clubs following his exit from Manchester United.

Some of those clubs include Newcastle, PSG, Chelsea, Manchester City among others. Ronaldo has not made his next move open to the public.

Sports

Cristiano Ronaldo Reveals Two Major Things That Made Him Join Al-Nassr

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo Reveals Two Major Things That Made Him Join Al-Nassr

Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed the two major things that made him move to Al-Nassr

News ToGo reports that the former Manchester United player had a preference for playing in Europe over the years. However, he had a problem with United leading to the termination of his contract. After that, he decided to test new water in the Middle East with a move to Al-Nassr in Saudi Arabia.

While speaking in his first press conference on Tuesday evening, Ronaldo said he joined Al-Nassr because he wants to keep scoring goals and winning.

According to the Portugal captain, he doesn’t care what people are saying regarding his move to the Middle East.

“I don’t care what people say. I have come here to keep scoring goals and winning,” Ronaldo said.

“In the last 15 years, football has changed a lot in Arabia. It is much better now.

“Saudi Arabia beat Argentina, the champions, which shows their improvement.”

The superstar did not disclose that he moved to the new club because of the big money as many people have been hinting. Ronaldo is a player who prides himself on top-notch performance which involves scoring goals and winning trophies both for his club and for himself. This could make his reasons credible.

Continue Reading

Sports

BREAKING: Brazil Football Legend Pele Is Dead Amid Reactions

Published

on

BREAKING: Brazil Football Legend Pele Is Dead Amid Reactions

Brazil football legend Pele is dead amid reactions from people.

News ToGo gathered that Pele was a three-time World Cup winner. He was 82 years as at the time of his death.

Pele had been treated for colon cancer, following surgery to remove a tumour in September 2021, and had required regular medical treatment.

After being admitted back into the hospital at the end of November to re-evaluate his cancer treatment, he was diagnosed with a respiratory infection before subsequently being moved to palliative care when his body became unresponsive to chemotherapy.

Pele died on Thursday at the Albert Einstein Hospital in Sao Paulo and his daughter, Kely Nascimento, confirmed the news on Instagram, writing: “Everything we are is thanks to you. We love you infinitely. Rest in peace.”

Pele made his international debut at the age of 16 and announced himself to a global audience in 1958, when, still only 17, he scored six goals in four games as Brazil won the World Cup for the first time. He scored twice in a 5-2 final win over Sweden in Stockholm.

He would win the World Cup on two more occasions, in 1962 and 1970, when the Selecao produced arguably the greatest final performance in the competition’s history, defeating Italy 4-1 at the Estadio Azteca in Mexico. Pele won the Golden Ball for the tournament’s best player.

During the tournament, ex-Manchester City boss Malcolm Allison, working as a TV summariser, asked, “How do you spell Pele?” Counterpart Pat Crerand responded, “Easy: G.O.D.”

His 1970 teammate Tostao remarked, “Pele was the greatest – he was simply flawless. And off the pitch, he is always smiling and upbeat. You never see him bad-tempered. He loves being Pele.” Sir Bobby Charlton, part of the England side beaten 1-0 in the group stage of that tournament by Brazil, remarked later in life, “I sometimes feel as though football was invented for this magical player.”

Pele scored 757 goals in 831 games during a glittering career from 1957 to 1977, although his long-time club Santos claim his tally was closer to 1,000.

Pele’s death has been greeted with massive reactions from people in different parts of the world. Most importantly, key footballer stars including Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar Jnr, and others have all reacted to his death and paid him tribute.

Continue Reading

Sports

BREAKING: Tension As Pele Is Rushed To End-Of-Life Ward

Published

on

BREAKING: Tension As Pele Is Rushed To End-Of-Life Ward

Football legend Pele has been ‘moved to end-of-life care’ ward in the hospital.

News ToGo learned that this happened as Pele’s body is no longer responding to chemotherapy in the fight against bowel cancer.

Recall that Pele went into hospital last week for treatment. Reports from Brazil indicated that the 82-year-old legend is receiving measures to relieve pain at Albert Einstein Hospital in Sao Paulo. He was admitted to the hospital last Tuesday after suffering from ‘general swelling’ and ‘heart failure.’

Football legend Pele ‘is moved to end-of-life care’ ward in the hospital, as his body is no longer responding to chemotherapy in the fight against bowel cancer, Daily Mail reported.

Reports from Brazil indicated that the 82-year-old legend, who went into hospital last week, is receiving measures to relieve pain at Albert Einstein Hospital in Sao Paulo.

He was admitted to the hospital last Tuesday after suffering from ‘general swelling’ and ‘heart failure.’

An update on Thursday said the football icon was in a ‘stable’ condition in the hospital with his daughter Kely insisting there was ‘no cause for alarm.’

However, a report by Folha de Sao Paulo on Saturday, said “Pele is not responding any longer to the chemotherapy treatment he has been undergoing since last September to treat his bowel cancer”.

Palliative care is for patients with potentially life-threatening diseases or conditions.

Continue Reading

Trending